WELCOME

BRINGING THE THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS OF THE EVERYDAY INDIVIDUAL FRESH AND UNDILUTED

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Seedorf confirms AC Milan exit




Clarence Seedorf has confirmed he is leaving AC Milan as he seeks a new challenge.Seedorf, 36, has spent the last decade with Milan after signing from city rivals Inter, but he is out of contract this summer and will not sign an extension.

"I leave a family," Seedorf told a press conference. "I will think about my future tomorrow. I would like to thank (club) president Silvio Berlusconi, (vice-president Adriano) Galliani and those that work at Milanello.
"I have spent half of my career at Milan and I only took the decision to leave the club recently. I am very saddened because this is like a family but I will continue my career in another team."
He added: "We could have reached an agreement over a renewal, but I chose to leave for the good of my future. I've been thinking about going for a while. It's important to think about life after football, but now I just want a new experience. The club have known this for two years."
Seedorf has been linked with Brazilian side Botafogo as well as clubs in England, America, the United Arab Emirates and China, but he insists he has not yet decided where he will play next.
"I have received a lot of offers even if I am 36 and I have to seriously evaluate many things," he said. "Money has never been an issue and I will speak to my family before making a decision."
Seedorf won two Champions League, two Serie A titles and the Coppa Italia during his time with Milan.

SOURCE: ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment